Why vote for me?
- I am currently on the committee under the role of Big Give Officer, which involves organising a week's worth of charity events. This has enabled me to understand the ways in which each committee member is crucial to running RAG and what is required of the president.
- I have had extensive experience in events planning and volunteering and I want to go into the charitable sector as a career after university, strengthening my commitment to RAG and student fundraising.
- RAG has been an incredible part of my university experience and I would love for current and future volunteers to feel the same.
- Ensuring RAG appeals to a variety of students in terms of the events we organise, but also in terms of attracting volunteers with different levels of commitment and interests. This would include providing more opportunities for volunteers to create and host events they believe reflect the interests of Southampton students.
- I would especially like to increase communication with the post-grad committee and WSA students as unfortunately both of these groups are not always targeted for university events.
- A key issue many students would have noticed within Southampton is the extent of homelessness. We are aiming to launch a homelessness campaign this academic year, however, it is something I would like to truly focus on next year and create a longer-term plan of action, rather than just our shorter campaigns.