Leadership Elections 2021
Congratulations to all the winners in the Leadership Elections 2021! View their manifestos to see what they plan to focus on for students next year.View results breakdown
- I will win a tuition fee reduction for all students
- I will formally recognise student nurses and medics, unsung heroes of the pandemic
- I will work to decolonise the University
- I will tackle dodgy landlords and agents
- I will implement a framework of tailored support specifically for the 2020/’21 undergraduate intake
- Ensure that SUSU as an organisation is more representational.
- Match the university with building a strategy for sustainability.
- Create food bank donation sites at halls throughout the year.
- Getting permanent and distinct SUSU space at all sites.
- Creating a partnership with a supermarket to improve the shop.
Vice President Activities
Vice President Education and Democracy
- Mental health is prioritised for all students alongside their education.
- Faculties are accountable for student feedback and implementing buddy schemes.
- Standardisation for personal academic tutors.
- Student voice and feedback is prioritised and voting is accessible.
- Students offered free life and digital skills workshops.
- Ensure the University provides value for money teaching
- Ensure fair treatment of students affected by covid-19
- Provide easy access to study resources online and on campus
- Highlight changes achieved by student reps in each faculty
- Work with VP Welfare to provide mental health support
Vice President Sports
- Improve the communication and trust between SUSU and sports clubs
- Find ways to increase the funding for sports teams across the AU
- Increase support for committees affected by the repercussions of Covid-19
- Increase the choice of free sport events to increase participation in sport
- Lobby Sport and Wellbeing for continued improvements to sports facilities
Vice President Welfare and Community
- Promote inclusivity of all backgrounds through increased amount of campaigns
- Increase mental health support through greater resources and funding
- Continue to advocate for social mobility and widening participation
- Organise regular discussion sessions where specific concerns can be voiced
- Wider proliferation of the buddy scheme to tackle loneliness
- Passionate about increasing student participation in SUSU initiatives across the University
- Quick-learner who enjoys working with peers for peers
- I appreciate SUSU values and feel like-minded with them
- Both physical and mental health of students matters, I believe
- Will work closely with student Reps, services and the Senate
- Extensive experience as a trustee within other organisations like Scouting.
- Have a thorough understanding of the inner workings of SUSU.
- Eager to have continued involvement in the core decision-making process.
- Want to ensure clear and transparent communication to all students.
- Intent on promoting equality and inclusivity in all SUSU's work.
Chair of Senate
- Lobby for the tuition and accommodation fees refund
- Ensure that the Sabbatical Officers' decisions are not ultra vires
- Guarantee that the Sabbaticals are representing and promoting students' interests
- Establish and promote an extensive and intensive collaboration between Sabbaticals-Senate-Students
- Make the Senate the students' voice
- Ensure Sabbatical Officers meet the goals they set out
- Ensure decisions are made with student wellfare as priority
- Make SUSU more proactive in representing the student population
- Make SUSU provide more services to students with remote learning
- Ensure that SUSU is more transparent with the student population
- Cultivate the spirit of inclusions in ethnic diversity
- Listening to your voices and represent your views candidly
- Keep you up-to-date with the university developments
- Taking active measures to initiate changes
- Impact positive environmental changes through instigating sustainable habits
Arts and Humanities Faculty Officer
- I will promote the importance of mental health while studying
- I will encourage more interaction between year groups
- I will be more supporting more staff and students events
- I will be overseeing more pastoral care given to staff and students
- I will be assisting students who work outside of their studies
- Bring back modules that were lost earlier in the pandemic.
- Assist in 'special consideration' applications due to recent disruption.
- A full return to face-to-face teaching as soon as possible.
- Raise academic concerns with staff as soon as they arise.
- Always be on hand to listen to problems, academic or pastoral.
- Voting opens - 03 March 2021, 09:00
- Voting closes - 05 March 2021, 16:00
- Results - 05 March 2021, evening
No candidates stood for the following positions. For more information, or to express an interest in running for one of these positions, please get in touch with the Representation Team via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Arts and Humanities Postgraduate Research Officer
- Engineering and Physical Sciences Faculty Officer
- Engineering and Physical Sciences Postgraduate Research Officer
- Environment and Life Sciences Faculty Officer
- Environment and Life Sciences Postgraduate Research Officer
- Medicine Faculty Officer (MedSoc Vice President)
- Medicine Postgraduate Research Officer
- Social Science Postgraduate Research Officer
- Social Sciences Faculty Officer