Why vote for me?
Who am I?
Hey! I'm Isabella and I'm running for your next VP Welfare. I'm currently in my final year of BA Geography and am super passionate about social justice, welfare and rights. So much so that this year I have been volunteering part-time as your SUSU Wellbeing Officer. In this role I have helped run and promote wellbeing campaigns including; Men's Health Month and #ExpectRespect. In addition, I work part-time for the students union- so you may have seen me behind reception, serving you food or behind the camera at an event!
I have a passion for ensuring students have the best university experience possible, with the best support available. I would like to move from working and volunteering part-time at SUSU to continuing this dedication in ensuring the best student life, in a full-time position, using the role as VP Welfare to make real, positive changes.
What will I do if elected?
As VP Welfare, I endeavour to:
- Increase the reach and number of 'look after your mate' training sessions
- Use relationship with Student Minds and Solent Mind to offer information sessions/ campaigns about mental health to students
- Increase instant access and accessibility of mental health services
- Change and improve marketing strategies so that students know who they can turn to for help and advice
- Free condoms!!!!
- Continue and grow great work of sexual consent, health and awareness campaigns
- Ensure each academic faculty has active wellbeing member of staff and pastoral training for personal tutors
- Build better relationship with local GPs, to better establish and direct campaigns to problems students are facing
- Increase location range of safety bus to clubs in Soton
- Improve or change way that nightline functions
- Interactive pack for freshers, when moving in, with info of advice services and who to turn to for help
Equality and Diversity
- Make sure ALL students are represented and included in university life
- Celebrate how fortunate we are to have such a diverse study body!
- Improve disabled access of the Students Union
- Week of celebration for the equality and diversity student groups
- Affective communication between SUSU lettings/ housing officers and students in regards to housing advice
- Continue 'Don't Rush to Rent' campaign with housing fayres in January
- Create a 'find a housemate' system
- Create a 'house/landlord review' system
- Work with WSA to ensure students get support from SUSU lettings
- Right. The 'recycling' that takes place on campus is actually shocking, this will change
- BEES! Start bee keeping on campus
- Implement sustainable initiatives led by innovative student ideas
Thank you for reading my manifesto! If you want someone who truly cares about student welfare and is passionate to make real positive changes... vote for Isabella Camilleri as your no.1 choice for VP Welfare!
Keep up with my campaign at facebook.com/voteIsabellaVPWelfare
Any questions or suggestions please don't hesitate to get in touch! :)