Hi, I am Jess Harding and I am a candidate for VP Education and Democracy. I started as a course rep in second year and I am currently a third year history student and the History Department’s Academic President. Within the role of History Academic President, I have worked to improve the student experience in the History cohort and I have improved the communication between staff and students. I have enjoyed working as Academic President but I am now excited about how I can drive for improvements in the academic experience of students across the university. I am passionate, friendly and organised student and these skills make me a very suitable candidate for VP Education and Democracy. I want to make the student experience enriching, simpler and allow each student to have an equal chance to succeed and be represented. If you want an enthusiastic and dedicated candidate who is ready to lead positive change within the university, then vote Jess for VP Education and Democracy!
Vote Jess for success!
#thanku,Jess (Campaign video to drop very soon)
- Printing credit: To look into how students across the university can have a equal supply of a initial balance of printing credit each semester as some faculties do and don’t have this policy. This will help all students to be able to print some learning resources.
- Academic Feedback: With the increasing digitalisation of assignment feedback I will ensure there is a baseline of detail in the feedback to ensure that the level of advice is maintained across all faculties. This will be done by evaluating with each faculty that the feedback requirements are met.
- Joint honours inclusivity: Work upon the existing progress to develop an even greater student community for joint honours students in both their departments and particularly those of small departments. This will improve the student experience for a large number of students.
- Post-graduate inclusivity: post-graduates often feel that they are between a student life and in a career. I want to encourage even more PGR representation in terms of course reps and build upon the current work on post-graduate sense of belonging
- Student Representation: Enhance the awareness of all students about their respective course reps so the student voice is filtered through to a greater extent. This will be done through creating course rep posters across the university.
- Union presence across campuses: To look further into how I can build upon the progress of having a greater presence of the union across Boldrewood, Avenue, National Oceanography and Winchester School of Arts Campuses across the year not only during fresher’s and re-fresher’s and offer a more regular presence across all campuses.
- Academic Skills Services: I will aim to improve the visibility of the already excellent services that are free for all students to access. We want every student to have the ability to fulfil their potential and students need to have greater awareness of the great support already available.