How To Directory
- 0. COVID-19 specific information
- 1. How to Use Groups Hub
- 2. How to Manage Health & Safety
- 3. How to Make Your Society Inclusive
- 4. How to Book Facilities and Transport
- 5. How to Manage Your Money
- 6. How to Manage Equipment
- 7. How to Manage Communications
- 8. How to Run a Sports Club
- 9. How to Handover and Democratic Processes
- 10. How to Organise Events
- Involving Alumni
- Creating a balanced programme of events
- Running your own charity event through RAG
- Running an event outside SUSU premises
- Promotion from SUSU
- Adding an Event the the SUSU Calendar
- Involving external speakers
- Considering Health & Safety for your event
- Running an internal or external event
- Running an event on SUSU premises
- 11. How to Start a New Club or Society
- 12. Adopt a Society
In the current situation bookings are functioning different to the normal process outlined below and the building is running reduced hours and capacity. Please contact email@example.com if you would like to enquire about space booking.
Booking a space or vehicle
The Union Buildings have various spaces which can be used by students and student groups between 8am and 11pm (during term time). The Union can offer everything from bars to the cinema, meeting rooms and rehearsal space, and in order to ensure they are properly and fairly allocated, bookings need to be made in advance.
Room hire is free for student groups, although charges may be incurred for the hire of tech equipment or other services.
Bookings are made through the Union website, via the Room Bookings facility at http://bookings.susu.org.
In the case of particularly complicated bookings or bookings for events (where the services of Union departments are required, such as technical facilities, catering or bars), staff may be in contact with groups once bookings have been received to agree details and to fill out an event booking form if required.
Block bookings are reoccurring weekly bookings for regular practice sessions. Owing to the nature of these bookings, requests must be made over the summer holiday for the academic year following, and space is then allocated for the entire year, according to this Procedure. Block bookings are requested via the online Groups Hub.
If you need bookings less frequently that once a week you may request bookings for the Students' Union rooms via the bookings website. Please note no bookings will be accepted until block bookings are allocated:
- Outdoor venues are subject to the weather.
- University sports facilities also play an academic role as a host for exam space. Some training sessions may be cancelled due to these which is obviously unavoidable.
- If groups do not attend their bookings, they risk all future bookings being cancelled.
- Bookings run from the beginning of the academic year
- In certain circumstances, it may be necessary to cancel block bookings. Where this arises the Union will endeavour to make the group aware two weeks before the booking. In exceptional circumstances, the Union reserves the right to cancel both one-off and block bookings with shorter notice.
Sport and Wellbeing Spaces
- Jubilee Sports Hall
- Old Sports Hall
- Squash Courts
- Swimming Pool
- Rubber Crumb
- Outdoor Hard Courts
- Sand Based Astro
- Team Southampton Gym
Students’ Union Spaces
- Multi-Purpose Studio
- Activities Room
- Clubs and Socs Room
- The Cube
- Meeting Room 1
- Meeting Room 2
- Glen Eyre Hall
Where possible, groups are provided with the space they have requested. Where requests conflict, the Vice-President Sport and Vice-President Activities will attempt to work with the relevant student groups affected to see if compromises can be reached.