How To Directory
- 1. How to Use Groups Hub
- 2. How to Make Your Society Inclusive
- 3. How to Organise Events
- d. Running an internal or external event
- c. Considering Health & Safety for your event
- f. Involving external speakers
- b. Adding an Event the the SUSU Calendar
- g. Promotion from SUSU
- d. Running an event outside SUSU premises
- e. Running your own charity event through RAG
- a. Creating a balanced programme of events
- e. Running an event on SUSU premises
- 4. How to Book Facilities and Transport
- 5. How to Manage Your Money
- 6. How to Manage Equipment
- 7. How to Manage Health & Safety
- D. Completing a risk assessment
- F. Ensuring your Group's safety when manual handling
- B. Ensuring you are covered by insurance
- G. Dealing with incidents
- H. Preparing and supplying food
- E. Safeguarding your members
- C. Complying with SUSU data protection policy
- A. Important SUSU and University regulations you need to know
- 8. How to Run a Sports Club
- 9. How to Handover and Democratic Processes
- 10. How to Manage Commiunications
How to edit your SUSU Page
Making sure that your SUSU page has up to date information is key to attracting new members – even if it’s just linking your social media.
If you look at the left hand side under the Administration tab the top three options ‘Edit Settings’, ‘Change Logo’ and ‘Update Page’ allow you to change what is shown publicly.
Adding Links to your Social Media
Within the section ‘edit settings’ you can add links to Facebook and Twitter for the society.
Once a valid URL has been added for your society social media pages, this will then show up in the publicly available on the society/club pages and will allow any student or member of the public to click through to your Facebook and Twitter pages – so make sure they’re up to date and include all relevant imagery and society details.
You can also add a contact email. This is really useful for general enquiries and allows without access with social media to get in touch. (Do not use an individual/personal email that is not retained by the society as this often results in important emails going to alumni who no longer check their accounts!).
Under ‘change logo’ you are able to upload the image that will appear on your page. If you update or change your logo you can upload it here to change it – make sure to use a square image as this displays best. Only a society logo and not a photo -it looks better and saves anyone’s picture being used when they don’t want it or any copyright issues.
About Your Group
On ‘edit settings’ there is an ’about’ section where you can give details on what your club/society does – your group name on it’s own doesn’t usually tell people enough about you, so make sure to include at least what you do, when/where you meet and how they find out more.
On ‘Update page’ you can also include further information and add any relevant pictures/media.