How To Directory
- 1. How to Use Groups Hub
- 2. How to Manage Health & Safety
- 3. How to Make Your Society Inclusive
- 4. How to Book Facilities and Transport
- 5. How to Manage Your Money
- 6. How to Manage Equipment
- 7. How to Manage Communications
- 8. How to Run a Sports Club
- 9. How to Handover and Democratic Processes
- 10. How to Organise Events
- Involving Alumni
- Running an internal or external event
- Considering Health & Safety for your event
- Involving external speakers
- Adding an Event the the SUSU Calendar
- Promotion from SUSU
- Running an event outside SUSU premises
- Running your own charity event through RAG
- Creating a balanced programme of events
- Running an event on SUSU premises
- 11. How to Start a New Club or Society
- 12. Adopt a Society
- 13. COVID-19 specific information (Pre-March 2021)
- 14. Freshers 2021/22
Managing your equipment
SUSU Storage and Key Lists
If your equipment is stored in the Union or certain places in Sport and Wellbeing you may need a key to access your equipment. Update your key list on your Student Groups Hub page with the members who are allowed to access it. Unless you have made special arrangements you will be required to hand your student ID card in until you return the key.
Make sure your equipment is safe and appropriate
Equipment should be visually inspected by a knowledgeable person every time before someone uses it (this should be mentioned in your groups risk assessment). This includes servicing and maintaining your equipment if required, email email@example.com if you need help with this for larger items.
Keep records of what equipment your group has and if/when it has been serviced/maintained (this should be mentioned in your groups risk assessment). These need to be handed over to the new committee each year.
A template inventory form is available to download here
Make sure any large expensive items of equipment are covered by SUSU insurance
Equipment under is covered by the Union’s insurance, please note that there is an excess of £150. More expensive equipment such as boats are covered on a separate schedule please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details. If your equipment is not covered by the Union’s insurance or due to the excess amount does not benefit by it, you either need to take out your own insurance for it or make or have a contingency plan to replace it.
Make sure the equipment is only set up used by appropriate people
Make sure only knowledgeable/experienced/trained people set up any equipment that impose a Health and Safety risk. Make sure only people with appropriate knowledge/experience/under appropriate supervision use the equipment (this should be mentioned in your groups risk assessment).