How To Directory
- 0. COVID-19 specific information
- 1. How to Use Groups Hub
- 2. How to Manage Health & Safety
- 3. How to Make Your Society Inclusive
- 4. How to Book Facilities and Transport
- 5. How to Manage Your Money
- 6. How to Manage Equipment
- 7. How to Manage Communications
- 8. How to Run a Sports Club
- 9. How to Handover and Democratic Processes
- 10. How to Organise Events
- Involving Alumni
- Creating a balanced programme of events
- Running your own charity event through RAG
- Running an event outside SUSU premises
- Promotion from SUSU
- Adding an Event the the SUSU Calendar
- Involving external speakers
- Considering Health & Safety for your event
- Running an internal or external event
- Running an event on SUSU premises
- 11. How to Start a New Club or Society
- 12. Adopt a Society
How can members join/register for your society?
In order for members to be able to join your society, you must create a membership option - either free or paid. Both can be created in a similar way.
- On the right hand side there is a section 'Finance' under this you can select 'Membership Fees'
- Click "Add Membership" and enter the details, price and the period that the membership covers. Please double-check the start and end dates of your membership and sale period!
- You must make sure to add a new membership each year and not just edit the old one.
It is possible to have several membership options. Please note that all memberships have to be purchased through the SUSU website - this is to ensure that members are covered by our insurance and that they have agreed to your privacy notice. Free memberships are in effect instantly after pressing the "Join" button.
Committee members should not get free or discounted memberships that are only available to them as committee. (no committee only memberships)
Remember, non-students can join clubs or societies but must first have associate Union membership. Without this, they will not be insured. SUSU membership can be purchased here. Solent and Recovery College Students are entitled to free membership but they must formally apply for it.
Joining a club/society with free membership
- From the main page, head to "Opportunities" and select "Societies"
- Search for the club or society you would like to join
- On the individual society page, click the "Join" button.
Joining a club/society with paid membership
- Paid memberships are purchased through SUSU Box Office. Please visit boxoffice.susu.org to do this.
- On the Box Office select Clubs & Societies Membership. From here members will see the memberships available for your Club and Society.
- A £0.50p booking fee is in place to cover administrative costs.