How can members join/register for your society?
This section covers creating memberships, joining free societies and purchasing paid memberships.
In order for members to be able to join your society, you must create a membership option - either free or paid. Both can be created in a similar way.
- Head to your group's admin page.
- Under "Finances", select "Membership fees"
- Click "Add Membership" and enter the details, price and the period that the membership covers. Please double-check the start and end dates of your membership!
It is possible to have several membership options. Please note that paid memberships have to be purchased through SUSU Box Office or SUSU Reception. Free memberships are in effect instantly after pressing the "Join" button.
Remember, non-students can join clubs or societies but must first have associate/lifetime Union membership. Without this, they will not be insured.
Joining a club/society with free membership
- From the main page, head to "Opportunities" and select "Societies"
- Search for the club or society you would like to join
- On the individual society page, click the "Join" button.
Joining a club/society with paid membership
- Paid memberships are purchased through SUSU Box Office. Please visit boxoffice.susu.org to do this.
- On the Box Office select Clubs & Societies Membership. From here members will see the memberships available for your Club and Society.
- A £0.50p booking fee is in place to cover administrative costs.