How To Directory
- 1. How to Use Groups Hub
- 2. How to Manage Health & Safety
- 3. How to Make Your Society Inclusive
- 4. How to Book Facilities and Transport
- 5. How to Manage Your Money
- 6. How to Manage Equipment
- 7. How to Manage Communications
- 8. How to Run a Sports Club
- 9. How to Handover and Democratic Processes
- 10. How to Organise Events
- Involving Alumni
- Running an internal or external event
- Considering Health & Safety for your event
- Involving external speakers
- Adding an Event the the SUSU Calendar
- Promotion from SUSU
- Running an event outside SUSU premises
- Running your own charity event through RAG
- Creating a balanced programme of events
- Running an event on SUSU premises
- 11. How to Start a New Club or Society
- 12. Adopt a Society
- 13. COVID-19 specific information (Pre-March 2021)
- 14. Freshers 2021/22
Using Money Hub
Money Hub was set up as a result of requests from students for SUSU to help manage their finances and to aid in the handover of Committee details, in order to avoid situations where bank details got lost and money became inaccessible.
While SUSU is not a ‘bank’, we can offer some support for groups in terms of holding their money and ensuring that there is minimal confusion during handover at what is a crucial time for our clubs/societies.
For more information on how to access this support please email email@example.com.
How to become a Finance Signatory
We expect every group to have three authorised signatories on their accounts in order to access their accounts. We recommend that the following positions are made signatories:
- Vice President/Secretary
From Autumn 2020, the signatory process will be electronic, using Groups Hub to set up the signatories. This can be found under your society admin settings: www.susu.org/groups/admin.
How to View Your Balance
You can access your club/society’s balance for all transactions online by visiting your Groups Hub (www.susu.org/groups/admin) and then selecting ‘View your Money Hub statement here’ under the Finance options for the relevant group. This will show all the transactions for your club/society (from the time you started managing your money with us), both ingoing and outgoing money. This will show as much as a bank statement would.
Paying a supplier
This form below should be used to claim money or to pay invoices. This is usually a far safer and reliable way of conducting business than in cash. You will need:
- To be a signatory for your club/society.
- The relevant receipt, or an invoice.
- Your club/society’s ‘cost code’ - you will have received this when your group joined Money Hub, and it is available in your Groups Hub page under ‘Edit Settings’. It is usually three letters.
- To give a brief description of the expenditure – this will appear on your statement.
- We ask that one signatory submits the claim, and a second emails in to approve the payment details and that the committee is happy for the payment to be made.
Please note that BACS payments are only made twice a month, on 15th and final working day.
Once completed, please email this form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are unable to handle cash and we do not have finance staff working on site at this time. Unfortunately this means for the foreseeable future the cash machine will not be in operation. Please contact email@example.com if you need to deposit or take out money.
This information sheet explains the process of dispensing cash from the cash machine.
This information sheet explains the process of depositing cash using the cash machine.
You are able to access the cash machine at any time when SUSU is open, as it is an automatic machine. We do suggest that all money should be deposited during office hours for safety reasons and so we are able to offer the fullest support in using the machine.
A contact number for during and out of office hours is available in the cash machine room.