How To Directory
- 1. How to Use Groups Hub
- 2. How to Make Your Society Inclusive
- 3. How to Organise Events
- d. Running an internal or external event
- c. Considering Health & Safety for your event
- f. Involving external speakers
- b. Adding an Event the the SUSU Calendar
- g. Promotion from SUSU
- d. Running an event outside SUSU premises
- e. Running your own charity event through RAG
- a. Creating a balanced programme of events
- e. Running an event on SUSU premises
- 4. How to Book Facilities and Transport
- 5. How to Manage Your Money
- 6. How to Manage Equipment
- 7. How to Manage Health & Safety
- D. Completing a risk assessment
- F. Ensuring your Group's safety when manual handling
- B. Ensuring you are covered by insurance
- G. Dealing with incidents
- H. Preparing and supplying food
- E. Safeguarding your members
- C. Complying with SUSU data protection policy
- A. Important SUSU and University regulations you need to know
- 8. How to Run a Sports Club
- 9. How to Handover and Democratic Processes
- 10. How to Manage Commiunications
How to Deal with an Incident
If an incident occurs, it is essential that you contact the duty manager (anytime 24/7) who will advise on how to follow the SUSU Incident Procedure which can be found here. . It is advised that if you are holding an event or activity away from SUSU or during weekends a member of the committee has access to the Duty Managers telephone number.
What is an incident?
SUSU defines an incident as “Any occurrence which results in verbal or physical abuse, personnel injury, loss or damage of property, plant, equipment or vehicles, damage to reputation or any other nature of incident which should be reported within the organisation”.
An Incident has just happened – what should I do?
1) Make it safe – Call emergency services / Carry out first aid if necessary and only if qualified to do so
2) Tell the Duty Manager Immediately – 07775 732937, The Duty Manager will advise and assist as necessary
3) Gather all evidence and complete the incident form - If the Duty Manager is not present the incident report must be filled out immediately, it can be found on the SUSU website here.
IF AN INCIDENT OCCURS, CALL THE DUTY MANAGER (07775 732937)
For more information, please refer to the full SUSU Incident Procedure here.