How To Directory
- 1. How to Use Groups Hub
- 2. How to Make Your Society Inclusive
- 3. How to Organise Events
- d. Running an internal or external event
- c. Considering Health & Safety for your event
- f. Involving external speakers
- b. Adding an Event the the SUSU Calendar
- g. Promotion from SUSU
- d. Running an event outside SUSU premises
- e. Running your own charity event through RAG
- a. Creating a balanced programme of events
- e. Running an event on SUSU premises
- 4. How to Book Facilities and Transport
- 5. How to Manage Your Money
- 6. How to Manage Equipment
- 7. How to Manage Health & Safety
- D. Completing a risk assessment
- F. Ensuring your Group's safety when manual handling
- B. Ensuring you are covered by insurance
- G. Dealing with incidents
- H. Preparing and supplying food
- E. Safeguarding your members
- C. Complying with SUSU data protection policy
- A. Important SUSU and University regulations you need to know
- 8. How to Run a Sports Club
- 9. How to Handover and Democratic Processes
- 10. How to Manage Commiunications
Clubs and Societies How To Guide
Welcome to the student groups How-To section. Use the directory on the left to browse through the different categories and select an item to view it in more detail.
If you have any questions which are not already covered here please get in contact (details below) -
The lovely people in this department can offer you advice on a whole host of areas and should always be your first port of call if you aren’t sure who to approach. We can either sort it out for you or point you in the direction of someone who can. The Student Activities team can be found in the Activities Office located in building 42, level 2 and can all be reached by emailing email@example.com.
The team consists of:
Chris Small – firstname.lastname@example.org (Director of Activities)
Hayley Shepherd – email@example.com (External Engagement Coordinator)
Ash Hunt – firstname.lastname@example.org (Student Communities Coordinator)
Sarah Challis – email@example.com (Sports Coordinator)
Jamie Ford – firstname.lastname@example.org (Creative Industries Coordinator)
Christie Mousourouli – email@example.com (Education Coordinator)
Ilona Bartlett - firstname.lastname@example.org (Student Life and Sustainability Coordinator)
Please note the Activities Office is open Mon - Fri, 9am - 5pm (excluding public holidays and University closures).
The Democracy department deals with groups affiliating to the Union and can also help with all queries relating to elections, constitutions and how SUSU rules and regulations might apply to your student group. You can contact them via email on email@example.com, come see the Democracy Coordinator in the Hub (level 2 of building 40) or our VP Education Democracy in the Sabbatical Office (level 4 entrance of building 42.
The Advice Centre can help students with problems such as housing issues, finance and budgeting, academic appeals and support with other University regulations. All advice is free, independent and confidential so if you are concerned about any of your members, you should always refer them to the Advice Centre. They can be found in the Hub (level 2 of building 40), contacted on firstname.lastname@example.org or 023 8059 2085.
Sabbatical Officers and Student Leaders
SUSU is a student-led organisation with a whole range of students voted in to represent you. There are 5 sabbatical officers who work full time for the Union, and many more student leaders who volunteer their time to represent you. These are the people who make the big decisions and ensure that SUSU continues to reflect student needs. Below you will find a list of the officers most relevant to student groups. If you would like to contact any of them, please visit our Student Officers page here.