We currently operate 6 minibuses available for hire to our student groups. In order to be eligible for vehicle hire you must first take a large vehicle driving assessment with our Facilities team.
To book a test, simply visit the Students' Union Reception Building 42, on Highfield Campus and we'll assign a timeslot between 08:00 - 12:00, Monday to Friday during term time. Tests cost £25 per time, payable when booking. You must be aged 21+, been driving for 3+ years and have a clean driving licence in order to drive Students' Union vehicles
Once you're eligible to hire a vehicle you can request hire slots in the same manner as booking a room at bookings.susu.org.
Vehicle Hire Charges
- £10 per hour
- £50 per half day (up to and including 7 hour hire)
- £80 per day (8 hours - 24 hours in any single day period)
- £120 for Two Days (24 - 48 hours in any two day period, excluding weekends)
- £160 per weekend (Friday afternoon - Monday morning)
- Longer hires (please inquire)
- All vehicle hires must be paid for when collecting keys from reception.
- To hire a Minibus you can use our online booking system www.bookings.susu.org up to 7 days before your hire. If you need a bus on short notice just ask at the Students' Union Reception (Building 42, Highfield Campus) and we'll do whatever we can to help
- When a Club or Society hires either one of the Students' Union's minibuses or adds an externally hired vehicle to the Students' Union's insurance policy, they are liable to pay insurance excess in the event of damage that requires the Union to make an insurance claim. This Guidelines Document clarifies the Clubs and Societies responsibilities in relation to this.
- If for any reason you can't make your hire, let us know up to 24 hours before your booking and we'll cancel your booking free of charge. If you'd like to cancel your booking within 24 hours let us know at the Students' Union Reception, Building 42, on Highfield Campus; if it's not your fault or we can re-hire the booking slot you won't be charged. If not, you will be charged 25% of the original hire charge.
- All Minibuses require Diesel fuel and the Students' Union promises to always provide a bus with a full tank. For everyone's convenience, please check that they're returned this way as well. We reserve the right to charge a returnable fuel deposit for hires.
- Unfortunately we can't take responsibility for equipment, possessions or damage during a booking. However if anything does happen, if you have any questions or need advice please don't hesitate to contact the Students' Union Reception, Building 42, on Highfield Campus, (023 80 595 200).
- If you need a copy of the Union's transport insurance certificate please click here