Union Senate is the political oversight body for the Union. It monitors the work of the Zone Committees, Union Officers and Trustee Board, monitors major expenditure by the Union and takes decisions on major Union issues.
Who is Senate?
Senate is chaired by an independent Chair of Senate, and is made up of:
- Seven Full-Time Officers
- Eight representatives from each Zone
- Eight Union Senators, elected to represent students who generally under-represented within the Union.
Any student can come along and speak at, and take part in, Senate meetings, but it's just the members of Senate (above) that vote.
What does Senate do?
- Decides Union Policy that falls across more than one Zone or falls outside the Zones
- Oversees Zones and Officers by approving their plans and checking that they're following their Plans & Policy, including "calling in" decisions in accordance with the Rules
- Monitoring expenditure by the Union, and calling-in expenditure in accordance with the Rules
Questions about Senate?
If you have any queries about Senate, then please get in touch with the Chair of Senate via email@example.com