Now more than ever, you can make a change.
This Autumn Elections nominate yourself for one of the many roles we are electing. Represent your course mates and fellow students, and make sure their ideas and concerns are being heard.
Nominations have now closed. We are pleased to announce that over 250 nominations were received for the Autumn Elections. You can view the candidates here
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
Course Representative: you can be a Course Rep for any course at Southampton, listening to and taking forward feedback and ideas from your course mates to make positive changes happen.
Faculty of Engineering and Physical Sciences
- Engineering and Physical Sciences Faculty Officer
- Chemistry School President
- Electronics and Computer Science School President
- Engineering School President
- Zepler Institute School President
- Physics and Astronomy School President
- Aeronautics and Astronautics Department President
- Civil, Maritime and Environmental Engineering Department President
- ISVR Department President
- Mechanical Engineering Department President
Faculty of Arts and Humanities
- Art School President
- Humanities School President
- Archaeology Department President
- English Department President
- Film Department President
- History Department President
- Modern Languages & ACIS Department President
- Music Department President
- Philosophy Department President
Faculty of Social Sciences
- Business School President
- Economic, Social and Political Science School President
- Education School President
- Law School President
- Mathematical Sciences School President
- Economics Department President
- Gerontology Department President
- Politics and International Relations Department President
- Social Statistics and Demography Department President
- Sociology, Social Policy and Criminology Department President
Faculty of Environment and Life Science
- Psychology School President
- Health Sciences School President
- Midwifery Department President
- Ocean & Earth Sciences School President
- Biological Sciences School President
- Geography and Environmental Science School President
- Allied Health Professions Department President
- Nursing Department President
Joint Honours Officer: represent Joint Honours students and courses across the University.
Halls Officer: our Halls Officer represents the needs and interests of students living in University Halls accommodation.
Union Films Manager: run for Manager of our student-led cinema on campus, Union Films.
Autumn Elections Key Dates
- Nominations Open: Monday 28 September, 09:00
- Nominations Close: Monday 19 October, 16:00
- Online Campaigning Begins: Monday 19 October
- Voting Opens: Monday 26 October, 09:00
- Campaigning Ends and Voting Closes: Wednesday 28 October, 16:00
Why get involved in our Elections?
Standing as a candidate provides you with experience and employability skills before you have even taken on the role. Putting together your nomination and campaigning for the vote of students demonstrates public speaking, social media marketing, networking and project management skills. If you are successful, you will have full training with the Union, so don't worry if you don't have any previous experience. The work you do through the year will improve student life for thousands of students across all our campuses and you will gain recognition for your work along the way.
Voting in our elections is one of the key ways you can make your voice heard by the Union. The student officers and academic reps we work with each year represent all students and inform projects and activities at the Union. If you aren't running for a role yourself, you can still be involved by following the elections campaigns and voting for the candidate that you feel best represents you.
Talking to our officers and reps throughout the year ensures they know about your concerns or ideas about student life at Southampton, and means we can work towards any positive changes students want to implement. You can find information about your elected representatives here: Academic Reps and Student Officers.