Code of Conduct for Trustees (0203P1)
Status: Lapsed | Zone: Trustee
Passed: 11/06/2007 |
This policy was discussed at the following meetings:
- Last year it was decided by Council, that every member of Union Management Board, including council representatives, were trustees of the Union.
- That by law there are some groups of people who are excluded from becoming trustees of a charity (such as un-discharged bankrupts).
- That Lord Nolan has produced seven principles for public life, namely:
It was his view that these should be exhibited by all those charged with distributing public money.
That through our Block Grant we are receiving Public money.
- That all members of Union Management Board must fulfil the statutory requirements of a trustee.
- That in every decision made at UMB the Nolan Principles should be adhered to.
- To accept the following code of conduct for SUSU trustees.
- To require each member of UMB to sign the Trustee Declaration.
- That anyone who is either unable or unwilling to sign the declaration may not sit as a voting member of UMB.
Sorry, there are no Mandates for this policy