Welfare and Education Campaigns (0405P4)
Status: Lapsed | Zone: Student Life
Passed: 15/06/2009 |
This policy was discussed at the following meetings:
- The “Union Restructuring” Motion passed at Union Council on 26 January 2004
- The Aims of the Students’ Union, particularly “To further the involvement of students in society and to promote amongst its members and others a greater awareness of educational and social issues.”
- That to ensure that the Students’ Union is being true to its primary aims, Union Officers should endeavour to raise awareness amongst the student body about educational and social issues.
- That the purpose of the split of the Educational and Welfare Sabbatical was to give the new positions more time to run awareness campaigns, amongst other things.
- That up until now, there have been an inadequate amount of campaigns run.
- To mandate the Vice President Welfare to run a minimum of 3 welfare campaigns a term and to provide a written report to Council, summarizing their activities.
- To mandate the Vice President Education to run a Minimum of 1 educational campaign a term and to provide a written report to council, summarising their activities.
Sorry, there are no Mandates for this policy