Honorary Life Members 2005 (0405P7)
Status: Lapsed | Zone: Trustee
Passed: 26/04/2010 |
This policy was discussed at the following meetings:
- Southampton University’s Charter; Ordinances – Part 4 – The Union of Students; Part 2 – Membership.
- SUSU Constitution; Section 2 – The Laws; Part 3 – Membership section (vi). “Honorary Life Members – This category of membership may be awarded to such persons as the Union decides.”
- That many individuals go above and beyond the call of duty, in order to further the aims and objectives of the Union.
- That these persons should be formally recognised for their contribution to the Students’ Union.
- Annually and at the discretion of the Union President, to award up to 12 Honorary Life Memberships, unless in exceptional circumstances, as decided by the President, when up to 15 may be given, to persons who have gone above and beyond the call of duty to make a long standing contribution to the Students Union.
- Nominations will be received by the President; Life Membership will then be ratified at the last Council before being awarded at the Excellence in Volunteering Awards (EVAs) in the summer term.
- To allow any member, in any year of study, to be eligible for honorary life membership.
- That Honorary Life Membership should only become active after a member has graduated
- To mandate the VP Media and Communications and the President to ensure nominations for honorary lifetime membership are properly publicised.
- Honorary Life Membership will contain he following rights:
- Section (a), (b), (c) of section (i) of clause 4 of the Laws of The Union
- Free Entry to Student Union run Events, as decided by Union Management Board
- Free Entry to all Union Film showings
- The right to post on the online forums
Sorry, there are no Mandates for this policy