Status: Lapsed | Zone: Education
Passed: 22/05/2006 |
This policy was discussed at the following meetings:
- The Students Against Lecturer Strike Action (SALSA) campaign promoted by yellow t-shirts and salsa.susu.org
- Union Council’s policy “not to support any industrial action by any other Union which results in students at SouthamptonUniversitybeing disadvantaged” (Union Resolves 2, Motion 6, 14/11/2005 and reaffirmed at subsequent councils).
- Campaign Funds Committee ability to approve expenditure below £5000.
- Lecturers deserve more pay
- That as a Students’ Union SUSU’s primary concern is for its members (students) welfare.
- That while students benefit from well paid lecturers this benefit does not take precedent over the harm caused by the action short of a strike to students, especially to finalists.
- That “not supporting” is equivalent to “opposing”.
- That the SALSA campaign is in keeping with SUSU policy, directed by Union Council, and did not need explicit approval.
- That while lecturers deserve more pay, that as a Students’ Union SUSU cannot support, and therefore opposes, any action that harms students.
- To support the SALSA campaign.
- To support additional campaigns, whether SALSA, ‘Deal or No Deal’ or similar, that oppose the lecturers action short of a strike.
Sorry, there are no Mandates for this policy