Union and Community Strategy (0607P1)
Status: Lapsed | Zone: External Engagement
Passed: 13/06/2011 |
This policy was discussed at the following meetings:
- The Union has no clear policy on community relations and no strategy dealing with the future of the Union in the community
- Recent conflicts between local residents and the Students’ Union over late night noise and drinking in the area
- The recent reduction in the Union’s opening hours
- The Union’s licence is now continually under threat
- That by implementing a clear policy the Union will cement its commitment to the community
- That this policy will be well-received and appreciated by local residents
- That this policy and strategy will guide the Union Officers and Staff in their future dealings with the community
- The Cube is not only a fantastic, safe venue for students to enjoy themselves in but is essential for the long-term survival of the Union commercially, and we should do everything we can to keep it open.
- To pass policy the attached ‘Long-term community strategy and policy’ document
- That this strategy be reviewed and updated regularly by the Union President and any amendments/additions are passed to council for approval.
Sorry, there are no Mandates for this policy