VC Appointment Panel (0708P11)
Status: Lapsed | Zone: Trustee
Passed: 16/06/2008 |
This policy was discussed at the following meetings:
- The Vice Chancellor has agreed to raise this issue at University Senate and Council. The Students’ Union is fighting for the principle that every member on this panel should be equal and that the students of Southampton University are paramount to the future of the institution. The protest and opposition has been received favourably by many students, staff and external members
- The Students’ Union is dissatisfied with the University’s decision to remove the voting capacity of the Student Union President on the Vice Chancellor appointment panel.
- The Students’ Union has held a protest in opposition to this decision, as approved by the Emergency General Meeting (EGM).
- To demonstrate a student presence at Senate at 1.45pm on June 18th 2008 in order to continue our opposition, as approved by the EGM
- That the Union President writes a paper for University Senate and Council, requesting that either a) the Students’ Union President is provided with a vote as an independent party, or b) that no one on the selection panel has a vote. The President shall request a vote to be taken at Senate on this issue
Sorry, there are no Mandates for this policy