West Refectory Charging (0708P8)
Status: Lapsed | Zone: Trustee
Passed: 19/05/2008 |
This policy was discussed at the following meetings:
- The recent decision by Business & Community Services to begin charging Union Societies £300 per event to use the West Refectory.
- That in the last year, more than 50 Societies have used the West Ref for their events.
- That the average annual Society budget is £100, and no matter how it is funded a price tag of £300 per event is far beyond their means.
- This charge will render the West Ref prohibitively expensive to student groups and force them to hold their events at other venues off campus
- Travel to and from other venues raises serious safety concerns, and means students will end up spending their money elsewhere.
- That the decision by B&CS to levy this charge runs against the interest of SUSU members.
- To mandate Union Officers to lobby B&CS to end the charge.
- To recommend Union Clubs and Societies to refuse payment of the charge.
Sorry, there are no Mandates for this policy