School Presidents (0910P10)
Status: Lapsed | Zone: Education
Passed: 08/02/2010 |
This policy was discussed at the following meetings:
- The Success of the recent introduction of the 2007 RDP (Representation Development Plan)
- The on-going evolution of the role of School President
- The difficulty in representing both Undergraduate and Postgraduate issues
- School Presidents form an invaluable link between Course Reps and SUSU
- The role of School President has changed considerably since its inception
- That a School President is defined as:
“the Senior Undergraduate Course Rep in their School, coordinating and supporting their Course Reps. They work with their Course Reps to represent views to their School and to SUSU. School Presidents sit on School Board, School Education Committee and their SSLC. The School of Health Sciences, Humanities, and Social Sciences will each have a number of Vice-School Presidents reflecting the multi-disciplinary nature of their School.
School Presidents will no longer act as Faculty Reps from April 23rd 2010; with 3 Faculty Officers (1 for FESM, MHLS & LASS) taking their place”
- That a system be put in place for Postgraduate Representation to ensure equal representation.
Sorry, there are no Mandates for this policy