Inclusive AGMs and Elections (0910P13)
Status: Lapsed | Zone: Decision Making
Passed: 01/03/2010 |
This policy was discussed at the following meetings:
- That clubs and societies have an annual AGM which all members are welcome to attend to review the annual activities of the club or society.
- That very often the elections for the new committee members of each club or society take place at the AGM.
- The choice of venue for the AGM and elections can prevent certain students from attending these important meetings.
- Many Clubs and Societies have already planned their AGMs; to avoid huge disruption the official implementation of this policy should begin in the new academic year 2010
- That the Union’s Equal Opportunities Policy requires clubs and societies to be inclusive and not prevent other students’ participation.
- That clubs, societies and departments should recognise differences between individuals and be tolerant and respectful of those differences.
- That no AGM or election should take place in a venue where alcohol is served.
- That no alcohol should be consumed before or during the elections or AGM of a society, club or department.
- The policy should be publicised by the appropriate Sabbatical to all clubs, societies and departments.
- Any violation of this policy should be reported to the appropriate Sabbatical or Equal Opportunities Officer which should then be investigated and referred to the appropriate disciplinary body.
Sorry, there are no Mandates for this policy