Eligibility for Honorary Life Membership (0910P19)
Status: Lapsed | Zone: Trustee
Passed: 26/04/2010 |
This policy was discussed at the following meetings:
- That only final year students are eligible for honorary lifetime membership.
- That honorary life membership was only publicised in Union Council.
- Union Policy A2.1 Honorary Life Membership – 20 June 2005 amended 10 March 2008
- Union Constitution Laws Clause 3 (vi) stating that “Honorary Life Membership may be awarded to such persons as the Union decides”
- That members contributing enough to deserve honorary life membership may be deprived of it due to not being a finalist.
- That members should be given life time membership in the same year as the action that made them deserve the membership to recognise all of their work.
- That it is illogical to give someone life time membership in a year when they may not have contributed as much to deserve life time membership.
- That life time membership should be publicised to all of our members, not just Council.
- To allow any member, in any year of study, to be eligible for honorary lifetime membership.
- That honorary lifetime membership should only become active after a member has graduated.
- To mandate the Vice President Media and Communications, and the President, to ensure nominations for honorary lifetime membership are properly publicised.
Sorry, there are no Mandates for this policy