VP Education & Representation to VP Academic Affairs (0910P20)
Status: Lapsed | Zone: Trustee
Passed: 26/04/2010 |
This policy was discussed at the following meetings:
- That the name Vice President Education and Representation is often mistaken to mean that the Vice President Education deals with all representation.
- That the role of Vice President Education and Representation is not fully understood by the University
- That Vice President Academic Affairs is a commonly used name for the same role in other Unions including Cardiff.
- That constitution committee agreed to change the name of Vice President Education and Representation to Vice President Academic Affairs.
- The name Vice President Education and Representation is long winded and often confusing.
- That both the University and students mistake ‘representation’ to mean representing all students on all issues
- That representation in the context of this role should mean academic representation
- That the title Academic Affairs represents the job role more appropriately.
- To re-name the role of Vice President Education & Representation to Vice President Academic Affairs
- To mandate the Union to inform appropriate staff in the Union and University of the name change.
- To mandate the Union to make appropriate arrangements to ensure all publicity and documents have the right title.
Sorry, there are no Mandates for this policy