Union Restructuring of Sabbatical Positions (0910P21)
Status: Lapsed | Zone: Trustee
Passed: 26/04/2010 |
This policy was discussed at the following meetings:
- The diverse remit of VP Welfare and Societies, taking a leading role in the following Departments/Student areas; Societies, RAG, Community Volunteering, Equal Opportunities, JCR’s, Private Rented Students, Welfare Campaigns, SUAIC (working to develop its long term direction plans), Nightline.
- VP Welfare and Societies is the main point of contact/Sabbatical Support for the following student officers; Community Volunteering, Cultural Diversity, Environment and Ethics, Equal Opportunities, International, JCR, LGBT, Men’s, RAG, Societies, Women’s, Students with Disabilities Coordinator and PAU Chair.
- The union is currently under a major review, looking into what it offers its diverse membership.
- The position of VP Welfare and Societies has become too broad to fully support all of the departments and areas under their remit.
- If the role were to be split into two separate positions it would be possible to focus more on areas within the current remit that could offer a far better service to our diverse membership.
- To split the role of VP Welfare and Societies into two new Sabbatical positions, VP Welfare and Accommodation, and VP Student Engagement.
- VP Welfare and Accommodation would be responsible for Welfare issues/campaigns, carrying out our Equal Opportunities policy, the support of JCR and students in Private Rented accommodation, the long term direction of SUAIC, and Nightline.
- VP Student Engagement would be responsible for the Societies, RAG, and Community Volunteering Departments.
- To mandate the Student Union President, and VP Welfare and Societies to ensure these roles are created in time for the next Student Union Elections (Spring 2011).
- To bring a review to Union Council detailing the effectiveness of these changes at the end of the first year of these positions being in place.
Sorry, there are no Mandates for this policy