International Students' Officer Executive Officer (0910P31)
Status: Lapsed | Zone: Creative Industries
Passed: 14/06/2010 |
This policy was discussed at the following meetings:
- The University’s and the Union’s recognition of the poor representation for international students.
- The increasing steps taken by the Students’ Union to support international students, including the newly formed International Students’ Working Group.
- The newly created International Students’ Committee (Standing Committee) in Students’ Union Standing Orders.
- The recent University Strategy to increase the number of international students to 30% of the university population (6,750 of 22500) students, recognising a significant change in our membership.
- The current nationwide drive to “Internationalise” Students’ Unions.
- The Admin Officer (voluntary part-time) role of International officer.
- The cancellation of International Week normally coordinated by SUSU.
- That international students have been under represented.
- That the role of international officer is wide and needs more support.
- That changing the role of International Students’ Officer from an Admin Officer to Executive Officer (voluntary role) would increase the profile of International Students representation.
- That changing the role of International Student Officer to an Executive officer would give more recognition to international students and would help ensure they are more effectively represented.
- The role would assist to engage, represent and provide for international students.
- To make the International Students’ Officer role an Executive Officer role.
-  Southampton University Students’ Union Standing Orders 3.9 International Students’ Committee http://www.soton.ac.uk/about/sotonpeople/vc/Draft%20University%20Strategy%20-%20February%202010.pdf  http://www.officeronline.co.uk/international/articles/276297.aspx
Sorry, there are no Mandates for this policy