SUSU Media Code of Conduct (1112P10)
Status: Active | Zone: Creative Industries
Passed: 04/02/2014 |
This policy was discussed at the following meetings:
- The policy motion brought to Council on the 13th June 2011, “Wessex Scene Editorial Flexibility”
- The minutes of 13th June 2011 referring that motion to media committee “the issue ought to draw on the expertise of other qualified individuals and that other Media departments would value the opportunity to be involved in drafting the Media guidelines.”
- A code of conduct has been drafted by VP Communications in consultation with Media Committee as well as writers and producers from each department.
- It has been approved by Media Committee.
- Previous to this Code of Conduct it has been down to the Vice President Communications as Editor in Chief and Director General to approve all content which often leads to unresolved disagreements between various members of the media department.
- It is important to have a clear code for all the members of the media departments to work to.
- Although part of the Students’ Union it is important for the media departments to have a strong independent voice in the interest of free speech and to challenge the work of officers.
- Equally it is important for the media departments to work within the law and to a strict code to ensure the highest standards of practise and protect the union as the legal entity responsible for the media departments.
- To adopt the attached SUSU Media code of Conduct as a policy of the Union.
- To mandate the media student leaders to circulate and inform all members of the code of conduct in time for the start of the 2012/13 academic year.
Sorry, there are no Mandates for this policy