Engagement and Involvement Focus (1112P15)
Status: Lapsed | Zone: External Engagement
Passed: 02/05/2012 |
This policy was discussed at the following meetings:
- That SUSU is one of the most active Students’ Unions in the country with a high turnout in elections each year.
- SUSU engages with thousands of students everyday through a variety of activities and services.
- Not every student who engages with SUSU really knows what SUSU is about.
- The Board of Trustees is in the process of drafting a Membership Engagement Strategy to increase overall student engagement in SUSU.
- That we should “be at the heart of University life, fully engaged with all of our key audiences and supporting our members”.
- That SUSU can do more to increase its relationships with less engaged students
- That SUSU should do more to understand why some students don’t actively get involved with the Students’ Union.
- There should be someone to take a lead in tackling the issue of getting more people involved with SUSU, leading an in-depth and joined approach to fully understand the complex issues in this area.
Sorry, there are no Resolves for this policy
- The VP Student Engagement to setup a group to lead a review and research into the overall involvement of students with SUSU to compliment the Engagement Strategy.
- SUSU Trustee Board to work with the group and give an update at each Union council meeting throughout the academic year 2012-13 about the progress on the research.
- The Trustee Board to present the finalised research by the final Union Council of the academic year 2012-13