Halls Fees (1112P3)
Status: Active | Zone: Student Communities
Passed: 04/02/2014 |
This policy was discussed at the following meetings:
- Currently, University of Southampton Halls of Residence fees are split into 3 instalments, corresponding with the 3 payment dates for student loans
- Many students living in Halls do not receive a loan, but are awarded monthly bursaries e.g. Nurses/Physiotherapists/Other sponsorships
- This can lead to financial distress around the payment dates
- This is unfair to any students whose studies are funded in any way other than via the Student Loans Company, especially members of the Faculty of Health Sciences.
- SUSU and the University should support those who would benefit from a monthly payment scheme.
- To liaise with University Accommodation Services to provide a monthly payment scheme for any student that would wish to pay in this manner
Sorry, there are no Mandates for this policy