Facility Charges (1213P11)
Status: Active | Zone: Student Groups
Passed: 04/02/2014 |
This policy was discussed at the following meetings:
- Student Groups actively use a range of facilities within SUSU as part of the programme of events and or activities they run.
- SUSU currently does not charge Student Groups for room bookings.
- Some Student Groups are regularly charged by SUSU to use some of the facilities that are not included in core room bookings.
- The aforementioned charges can be a barrier to Student Groups running events within SUSU.
- Currently charges are not clear and easily accessible by all members.
- One of the core aims of SUSU is to support its Student Groups, and hence support events and activities run by such groups. [IAW UP 6.4, 10.2]
- The ability of Student Groups to run events within SUSU should not be severely constrained by financial charges faced for the use of SUSU facilities.
- Student Groups should not face commercial rates to use SUSU equipment.
- Student Groups should be supported financially with the costs faced for the use of SUSU facilities.
- The charges faced by Student Groups need to be accountable to ensure they are reasonable.
- Charges made for facilities must be transparent and able to stand up to scrutiny.
- The charges faced by Student Groups should be clear and easily accessible to those planning events.
- Charges to Student Groups for the use of SUSU facilities should be kept to a reasonable minimum.
- SUSU should seek to reduce the cost of all charges faced by Student Groups.
- The Student Groups officer will seek to reduce the price of all facility charges.
- The Student Groups officer in conjunction with VP Democracy and Creative industries will annually undertake a review of all charges that have been paid by Student Groups for SUSU facilities.
- The VP Democracy and Creative industries is to ensure charges for the use of SUSU facilities are made freely available online and updated annually. [IAW UP 10.7]