Amendments to the Constitution in line with the Articles of Association (1213P7)
Status: Lapsed | Zone: The Constitution
Passed: 04/02/2013 |
This policy was discussed at the following meetings:
- The adoption of the new Memorandum and Articles of Association for The University of Southampton Students’ Union at Union Council on 6 February 2012
- That the Union was incorporated as a company limited by guarantee on 17 April 2012
- That the new Articles of Association require changes to be made to the old Standing Orders
- That the Memorandum & Articles of Association, the new Rules and the By-Laws should collectively be known as "The Constitution".
- This Union resolves to amend Standing Orders as follows
1. Create new “Rule 1 – The Constitutional Framework” (attached) and rename remaining Standing Orders as Rules and renumber.
2. Delete old “Standing Order 1 – Decision Making”, and insert new “Rule 2 – Decision Making” (attached)
3. Delete old “Standing Order 2 – Trustee Board” and insert new “Rule 3 – SUSU Trustee Board” (attached)
4. In old “Standing Order 4 – Sabbatical Officers” (now Rule 5) delete “2.1 Trustees” and move “2.4 General” to new “2.1 General”.
5. In old “Standing Order 5 – Student Leaders” (now Rule 6) insert new and renumber:
2. “Ethical and Environmental Officer
2.1. Be a Student Leader Trustee
2.2. Be responsible for implementing an effective environmental and ethical policy within the Union
2.3. Monitor and take steps to ensure the Union’s activities and services have a minimal negative impact on the environment and are positively ethical
2.4. Co-ordinate awareness campaigns and events around our ethical and environmental impact
3. Equality and Diversity Officer
3.1. Be a Student Leader Trustee
3.2. Be responsible for implementing an effective equal opportunities policy within the Union
3.3. Monitor and take steps to ensure the Union’s activities and services are accessible to all members
3.4. Co-ordinate awareness campaigns and events around equality issues”
6. Delete old “Standing Order 7 – Amending the Constitution”.
Sorry, there are no Mandates for this policy