Sabbatical on Satellite Campus (1314P23)
Status: Active | Zone: Student Communities
Passed: 14/05/2014 |
This policy was discussed at the following meetings:
- There are three main Satellite Campuses of the University of Southampton: the National Oceanography Centre (NOC), Southampton General Hospital (SGH) and Winchester School of Art (WSA).
- The majority of the Union’s activity happens on Highfield Campus.
- The whole Sabbatical team is based at Highfield Campus.
- WSA has a new Students’ Union area on its campus.
- That a working day is seven hours.
- The Students’ Union is there to represent all students.
- Students studying at the Satellite Campuses can engage with all 8 Zones.
- Students at Satellite Campuses shouldn’t have to always travel to Highfield Campus to engage with SUSU.
- All Sabbatical Officers should be working to engage the Satellite Campuses in everything they do.
- To lapse Policy 0910P14 – Site Surgeries.
- That every Sabbatical Officer (excluding the VP Student Communities) should spend the equivalent of one working day across any Satellite Campus at least once a month, excluding times when the University is shut.
- That the VP Student Communities should spend the equivalent of one working day across the Satellite Campuses at least once a fortnight, excluding times when the University is shut.
- That SUSU campaigns should not be focused solely on Highfield Campus, and should also include the Satellite Campuses as far as is practicable.
- The VP Student Communities to create a timetable of when the Sabbatical Officers are visiting the Satellite Campuses.
- The Sabbatical Team to work at the Satellite Campuses (Resolves 2 and 3).