Minor amendments to the Rules (1314R1)
Status: Active | Zone: Democracy
Passed: 01/05/2014 |
This policy was discussed at the following meetings:
- The Debating By-law passed by Democracy Zone Committee on 23rd April 2014, which satisfies the requirements of section 6.6 of Rule 2, and which now incorporates the list of procedural motions currently in section 6.4 (and the provisions of section 6.5).
- Rule 4 currently provides that quoracy is one-half of the elected membership of a Zone Committee, meaning non-voting members contribute although they cannot vote.
- Rule 4 currently provides for Democracy Zone Committee to approve all Zone By-laws, including their own, before they come into effect.
- The deadline for amendments to the Open Union Council is three hours before the start of the meeting.
- The rules about procedural motions in Rule 2 should now be removed, as they are now included in the Debating By-law, and the requirement that a Debating By-law be issued also be removed, as this has now been satisfied.
- Non-voting members of Zone Committees should not contribute to quoracy.
- The approval of Zone By-laws for the Democracy Zone should be the function of Union Council instead of Democracy Zone Committee.
- The deadline for amendments to the Open Union Council should be extended to 72 hours prior to the meeting, so students voting via proxy have enough time to read the amendments and vote.
- In Rule 2, to remove sections 6.4, 6.5 and 6.6.
- In Rule 4, in section 2.4(d), for the word “elected” substitute “voting”.
- In section 2.5(a), at the end insert “except By-laws of the Democracy Zone, which must be approved by Union Council prior to the changes taking effect.”
Sorry, there are no Mandates for this policy