Supporting our societies through funding for events (1415P17)
Status: Lapsed | Zone: Student Groups
Passed: 16/02/2016 |
This policy was discussed at the following meetings:
- That at present the Union has over 300 student groups.
- That groups can apply to the Union for funding, but that this is limited to two or three rounds each academic year.
- That funding pots are available for Essential activities, Competitions, Tours, Development and Capital developments.
- That our student groups cater to every community within the University, providing a social calendar suited to their members.
- The Union’s mission to ‘Unlock the potential and enrich the lives of every student’
- That our student groups play a pivotal role in the Union’s mission through their programme of events for all our members.
- That our student groups should be fully supported in running activities and events for the members of this Union.
- That the funding process makes no provision for the running of events by our societies.
- That the funding round system is the fairest and most transparent means of allocating fund to student groups, although there is no dedicated pot for events.
- The Union needs to improve how we support student groups with event planning and organisation.
- To create a new funding pot for Society Events.
- This Pot will be available to all Zones as part of the funding round process.
- To issue specific to student groups about event planning, highlighting the events funding pot and giving examples of how it can be used.
- To include, in the student groups funding policy currently being drafted, provision for Zone Committees to consider and approve funding requests by email for short-notice events, where it has not been possible to submit applications via the funding round process.
- The Vice President Democracy and Creative Industries and the Student Groups Officer to implement this policy before the end of the 2015-16 academic year.