Spaces in SUSU (1415P28)
Status: Lapsed | Zone: Student Groups
Passed: 04/06/2015 |
This policy was discussed at the following meetings:
- Space is at a premium in SUSU.
- SUSU has over 300 Student Groups which are one of the main ways members involve themselves in the union.
- Student Groups currently often store items in member's homes, which has led to loss or damage in the past.
- Block bookings are in more demand than there are spaces available.
- Spaces for activities and one-off bookings are also in high demand.
- Policy 1415P15 states that SUSU Student Groups will have priority over external companies for booking and using union spaces.
- Policy 1415P18 states SUSU should improve its communication to its members.
- The forthcoming Resource Allocation Procedure which will determine how space is allocated within SUSU.
- Space within SUSU needs to be split between that used for and available to students, that used for staff, and that used for all other support and logistical roles.
- Space used actively (for meetings, discussions, events, activities) is preferable to space used passively (for storage, maintenance, logistics).
- The allocation of spaces in the union for various uses should be justified to members, particularly when changes occur.
- Communicating proposed changes to space use, cancellations of bookings, problems with spaces and concerns over use is important and fulfils the aims of policy 1415P18.
- To ensure the default position on space is that it is for active use by students.
- Where spaces are in transition or temporarily unused, to endeavour to make those spaces available to students on a temporary basis.
- To continue to evaluate the deficit in space for active and passive usage
- To continue to lobby the university for more space in accordance with our needs.
- To communicate these efforts to the union's members.
- To communicate proposed changes to space use, cancellations of bookings, problems with spaces and concerns over use
Sorry, there are no Mandates for this policy