Supporting and Recognising our Volunteers (1415P5)
Status: Active | Zone: Volunteering
Passed: 03/02/2015 |
This policy was discussed at the following meetings:
- Our mission to ‘Unlock the potential and enrich the life of every student’.
- This Union has over 1,000 student volunteers, from Student Leaders to Course reps, who dedicate their time to help SUSU run. When the members of Student Group committees are included, this number increases massively.
- Point 7.8 of the Union Plan to 2015 stating we will ‘Continually attain external accreditation (for example in the form of retaining Investors in Volunteers) to show we are dedicated to developing and supporting volunteers’
- There is currently no policy on this issue.
- That our Volunteers are at the heart of SUSU.
- That it is imperative that we support these volunteers.
- That the role of these volunteers and the contribution they make should be widely recognised within SUSU.
- That by gaining external accreditation we are demonstrating how we are embracing and investing in our volunteers.
- It is important to communicate with our student volunteers to understand how to best support them.
- To work towards external accreditation for the support and recognition we provide for our volunteers.
- To carry out an annual survey to effectively gauge the opinions, needs and feelings of our volunteers.
- That the first of these surveys should be held before May 2015 and shall be continued at least once each academic year from this point forwards.
- Create an action plan based upon the results of this survey.
- The President to ensure this policy is being worked towards.