Action Log (1415P8)
Status: Active | Zone: Transparency
Passed: 30/04/2015 |
This policy was discussed at the following meetings:
- Union Council is the highest policy-making body within the Union.
- Members of Union Council are responsible for ensuring that Sabbaticals, Student Leaders and other voluntary officers are held to account for their actions.
- There is currently no consistent process for reporting progress on policies or actions to Union Council, therefore a lack of accountability
- That there should be a central record of approved actions, accessible to every member of the Union.
- That actions should come from Council ideas sessions, Zone Committee and Sub-Committees and policy implementation.
- That Union Council should receive a report on the progress of outstanding actions on the log.
- That some actions are suitable to be included in the action log and reported to Union Council and some should be reported elsewhere.
- To create a central action log to be reported to each Union Council.
- To make the up to date action log accessible online to all Union members.
- That as a minimum, the action log should have the following information included:
· Date added
· Title of action
· Who added the action
· Lead officer
· Measurable outcome
· Expected completion date
· Progress since last meeting
- VP Democracy and Creative Industries to oversee the creation and implementation of a central action log to be used from the first Union Council of 2015/2016
- Democracy Zone Committee to decide criteria for which actions are relevant to be included in the action log.
- Democracy Zone Committee to decide a process for adding actions to the action log.