Improve on-campus food menus in all food outlets (1516P23)
Status: Active | Zone: Student Life
Passed: 02/08/2016 |
This policy was discussed at the following meetings:
- 1. That there is little choice offered to students on campus in food outlets in relation to vegetarian, vegan, Halal and other cultural/religious eating practices.
2. That food labelling (in relation to vegetarian, vegan or Halal foods) is not present on many pre-packaged and freshly-prepared foods sold on campus.
3. That vegetarian, vegan and Halal foods are not separated appropriately from other foods in food outlets on campus.
- 1. That all students should have the right to choose their individual food practices.
2. That all students should have equal and fair access to their personal food choices on campus.
3. That all students should not be disadvantaged in accessing their personal food choice on campus because of their culture or religion.
4. That all students should have an equal and fair opportunity to eat healthily if they choose to.
- 1. To improve on-campus food menus in all Union-controlled food outlets (The Café, The Bridge, The Shop, etc.) by improving the range of food choices available.
2. To lobby the University to improve on-campus food menus in University-controlled outlets (Piazza Restaurant, Library Café, Terrace Restaurant, etc.) by improving the range of food choices available.
3. To actively support all types of personal, cultural or religious eating practices including but not limited to the following: vegetarian, vegan and Halal foods.
4. To improve food labelling (ingredients, nutrients and calorie count) on not only pre-packaged food, but also freshly prepared food in all Union-controlled food outlets.
5. To lobby the University to improve food labelling (ingredients, nutrients and calorie count) on not only pre-packaged food, but also freshly prepared food in University-controlled outlets.
6. To actively support and promote healthy eating to students.
Sorry, there are no Mandates for this policy