1. That all students, regardless of nationality, culture or religion should have the right to feel welcome, accepted and included in an international institution like the University of Southampton.
2. That improved awareness and education of another culture or religion can increase acceptance, understanding and non-discrimination of a person from that culture or religion.
1. To raise awareness of all types of major cultural and religious festivals and holidays throughout the year, such as (but by no means limited to): Eid al-Fitr, Chinese New Year, Diwali, Holi Day and Hanukkah.
2. To celebrate festivals and holidays, such as those mentioned in #1, by calling on the appropriate student society to jointly organise events on campus throughout the year.
3. To improve engagement of students from all campuses (including Southampton General Hospital, Winchester and Avenue) to participate in these cultural and religious events (such as those listed in #1).