We currently operate 6 minibuses available for hire to our student groups. In order to be eligible for vehicle hire you must first take a large vehicle driving assessment with our Transport Coordinator. To book a test, simply visit the Students' Union Reception and weâ€™ll assign a timeslot between 8am â€“ 12pm, Monday to Friday during term time. Once youâ€™re eligible to hire a vehicle you can request hire slots in the same manner as booking a room at www.bookings.susu.org.
Vehicle Hire Charges
- Â£10 per hour
- Â£50 per half day (up to and including 7 hour hire)
- Â£80 per day (8 hours â€“ 24 hours in any single day period)
- Â£120 for Two Days (24 â€“ 48 hours in any two day period)
- Â£160 per weekend (Friday afternoon â€“ Monday morning)
- Longer hires (please inquire)
- All vehicle hires must be paid for when collecting keys from reception.
- To hire a Minibus you can use our online booking system www.bookings.susu.org up to 7 days before your hire. If you need a bus on short notice just ask at SUSU Reception and weâ€™ll do whatever we can to help
- When a Club or Society hires either one of the Students' Unionâ€™s minibuses or adds an externally hired vehicle to the Students' Unionâ€™s insurance policy, they are liable to pay insurance excess in the event of damage that requires the Union to make an insurance claim. This Guidance Document and additional information from our insurer clarifies the Clubs and Societies responsibilities in relation to this.
- If for any reason you canâ€™t make your hire, let us know up to 24 hours before your booking and weâ€™ll cancel your booking free of charge. If youâ€™d like to cancel your booking within 24 hours let us know at SUSU Reception; if itâ€™s not your fault or we can re-hire the booking slot you wonâ€™t be charged. If not, you will be charged 25% of the original hire charge.
- All Minibuses require Diesel fuel and SUSU promises to always provide a bus with a full tank. For everyone's convenience, please check that theyâ€™re returned this way as well
- Unfortunately we canâ€™t take responsibility for equipment, possessions or damage during a booking. However if anything does happen, if you have any questions or need advice please donâ€™t hesitate to contact SUSU Reception (023 80 595 200)