Semester 1 training times:
Mondays: 6.30-8.30pm in the Marquee (outside building 40)
Wednesdays: 6-7.45pm in the Cube (Level 2, SUSU)
Thursdays: 3.30-5.15pm in the Team Southampton Sports Hall (Level 1, SUSU)
Sundays: 2.30-4.15pm in the Team Southampton Sports Hall (Level 1, SUSU)
To book into sessions please join our private Facebook page as you must sign up to sessions beforehand via a booking system. For Thursdays and Sundays, you must also book into sessions via the UoS app and our Google form booking via our Facebook group (you must do both). If you want to try taekwondo, you are able to have 2 free trial sessions. Please contact a committee member to arrange this. After these, you must have membership and a valid BT license in order to train (details about how to get these are on our Facebook group).
All clubs and societies within the Students' Union are run entirely by students. The student committee for Taekwondo this year are:
You May Also Like...
Here are a selection of similar clubs and societies that you may also be interested in
These are the current membership fees offered by Taekwondo, although many clubs and societies offer a free period for new members to try out their activities.
|Sorry, Summer Membership has sold out|
|Summer Membership||£30.00||23/05/2021 - 30/09/2021||Still at university over summer? Or wanting to try a new sport post lockdown? No problem! This membership option provides coverage for training from May onwards (if you are a new member) and over summer outside of term time. Membership is cheaper since there are fewer students and potentially less classes, but there will still be at least 2 sessions a week from mid June until mid September!|
All SUSU clubs & societies must have a Constitution which governs how they runDownload Constitution
Health & Safety
All clubs & societies are required to risk assess their activity to ensure it is carried out in a safe manner for members. Current risk assessments for Taekwondo are available to view below
- SUTKD Risk Assessment ft. Covid 19 measures 2020-21 (05/09/2020)
- SUTKD Risk Assessment ft. Covid 19 measures (at the top) 2020-21 (18/09/2020) (22/09/2020)
- SUTKD Taster Session Risk Assessment ft. Covid 19 measures for 3.10.2020 (29/09/2020)
- Risk Assessment COVID updated 20.10.2020 (20/10/2020)
- SUTKD Online Training Risk Assessment 5.11.20 (05/11/2020)
- SUTKD Online Training Risk Assessment 8.11.20 (09/11/2020)
- SUTKD Tier 4 Risk Assessment (29/12/2020)
- SUTKD Risk Assessment 12.05.21 (12/05/2021)
- Amended risk assessment based on updated guidance from our NGB (06/06/2021)