SUTC offers an accessible, affordable way to learn tennis as well as regular training, coaching and match play for experienced players. Our 4 membership options provide players of all standards with the opportunity to play tennis in the way that suits them.
Our society offers a fantastic social scene with weekly socials for all members alongside additional events of Christmas Balls, Boat Balls, oversea tours, Club tournament open to all members and Varsity matches against Portsmouth.
The society’s BUCS squads boast 3 gentlemen’s teams and 2 ladies’ teams which compete against other universities. We’ve had a successful last year seeing both the men’s 1st and 2nd teams winning their respective leagues, gaining promotion.
Our membership options provide the following:
- Social Membership
- Access to Sunday’s social tennis play where fun games are organised, or friendly sets/match practice are arranged
- Development Membership
- Access to Sunday’s social tennis play plus one 90 minute begineer session per week ran by a coach and our Development Captain
- Development ladder offering weekly singles matches across the year
- Performance Membership
- Access to Sunday’s social tennis/match practice plus two intermediate/advanced coached sessions per week ran by a coach and our Performance Captains
- Performance ladder offering weekly singles matches across the year
- Access to Performance teams competing in Southampton winter leagues against local clubs
- BUCS Membership
- Access to Sunday’s social tennis/match practice plus 3 coaching/training sessions per week ran by coaches/BUCS Captains
- Weekly matches against other universities on Wednesday afternoons in BUCS leagues
- Two training sessions and all the BUCS home matches take place at the excellent indoor facilities at David Lloyd Southampton
- Note you must be selected during our trials for this membership
All clubs and societies within the Students' Union are run entirely by students. The student committee for Tennis this year are:
Ladies' BUCS Captain
Men's BUCS Captain
Tour & Social Media Secretary
Welfare & LTA Secretary
You May Also Like...
Here are a selection of similar clubs and societies that you may also be interested in
All SUSU clubs & societies must have a Constitution which governs how they runDownload Constitution
Health & Safety
All clubs & societies are required to risk assess their activity to ensure it is carried out in a safe manner for members. Current risk assessments for Tennis are available to view below