SUTC offers an accessible, affordable way to learn tennis as well as regular training, coaching and match play for experienced players. Our 4 membership options provide players of all standards with the opportunity to play tennis in the way that suits them.
Our society offers a fantastic social scene with weekly socials for all members alongside additional events of Christmas Balls, Boat Balls, oversea tours, Club tournament open to all members and Varsity matches against Portsmouth.
The society’s BUCS squads boast 3 gentlemen’s teams and 2 ladies’ teams which compete against other universities. We’ve had a successful last year seeing both the men’s 1st and 2nd teams winning their respective leagues, gaining promotion.
Our membership options provide the following:
- Social Membership
- Access to Monday's social tennis play where fun games are organised, or friendly sets/match practice are arranged. Runs at Wide Lane Sports Ground from 18:30-20:30.
- Development Membership
- Access to Monday's social tennis play plus one 90 minute beginner session per week on Sunday's at Wide Lane Sports Ground ran by our Level 4 Coach Stuart.
- Development ladder offering weekly singles matches across the year.
- Performance Membership
- Access to Monday's social tennis/match practice plus two intermediate/advanced coached sessions per week ran by our coach Coach and our Performance Captains.
- Sessions run on Thursday's and Saturday's.
- Performance ladder offering weekly singles matches across the year
- Access to Performance teams competing in Southampton winter leagues against local clubs
- BUCS Membership
- Access to Monday's social tennis/match practice plus 3 coaching/training sessions per week ran by coaches/BUCS Captains
- Weekly matches against other universities on Wednesday afternoons in BUCS leagues
- Two training sessions and all the BUCS home matches take place at the excellent indoor facilities at David Lloyd Southampton
- Note you must be selected during our trials for this membership.
All clubs and societies within the Students' Union are run entirely by students. The student committee for Tennis this year are:
Ladies' BUCS Captain
Men's BUCS Captain
Tour & Social Media Secretary
Welfare & LTA Secretary
These are the current membership fees offered by Tennis, although many clubs and societies offer a free period for new members to try out their activities.
Please note that some memberships of this group may also require you to purchase Sport & Wellbeing membership
from the University of Southampton in order to use the relevant sport facilities
|Social Membership 2023 - 2024||£15.00||21/09/2023 - 01/06/2024||Provides access to Monday's social tennis sessions, where fun games and friendly sets/matches are organised. Social tennis times: Mondays 18:30-20:30. No playing experience or equipment is required, we provide balls and racquets!|
|Development Membership 2023-2024||£60.00||21/09/2023 - 01/06/2024||This membership is for beginners who want to improve their tennis - no playing experience or equipment is required! Development membership provides access to Monday's Social Tennis and one Sunday afternoon 60-minute beginner session led by our Level 4 coach Stuart, and of course Wednesday socials!|
|Performance Membership 2023 - 2024||£100.00||21/09/2023 - 01/06/2024||Performance membership is for intermediate players who want regular coaching and some match play. Anyone is welcome to join but we expect players to be able to rally from the baseline, serve and have an understanding of the rules of tennis. Performance membership provides access to: Monday's social tennis/match practise plus 2 intermediate coached sessions per week run by our Level 4 coach Stuart and the performance captains. Also the opportunity to compete in competitive doubles matches against local clubs in the Southampton Winter League. And of course Wednesday Socials!|
|Mens BUCS Membership 2022 - 2023||£195.00||21/09/2023 - 01/06/2024||ONLY PURCHASE THIS MEMBERSHIP IF YOU HAVE BEEN SELECTED BY OUR MENS BUCS CAPTAIN.
This membership is for the men's BUCS squad. This provides access to 3 coaching/training sessions per week run by coach/BUCS captain. There are weekly matches on Wednesdays against other universities in the BUCS leagues. 2 training sessions and all BUCS home matches take place at the brilliant indoor facilities at David Lloyd Southampton. Transport fees to David Lloyd session and matches are subsidised. And of course Wednesday socials!|
|Ladies BUCS Membership 2023 - 2024||£195.00||21/09/2023 - 01/06/2024||ONLY PURCHASE THIS MEMBERSHIP IF YOU HAVE BEEN SELECTED BY OUR LADIES BUCS CAPTAIN.
This membership is for the ladies BUCS squad. This provides access to 3 coaching/training sessions per week run by coach/BUCS captain. There are weekly matches on Wednesdays against other universities in the BUCS leagues. 2 training sessions and all BUCS home matches take place at the brilliant indoor facilities at David Lloyd Southampton. Transport fees to David Lloyd session and matches are subsidised. And of course Wednesday socials!|
All SUSU clubs & societies must have a Constitution which governs how they run
Health & Safety
All clubs & societies are required to risk assess their activity to ensure it is carried out in a safe manner for members. Current risk assessments for Tennis are available to view below
Check out our upcoming events below:
Sorry, there are no upcoming events for Tennis.