Running your own Charity Event? Here's all the info you need.
All groups and students affiliated to or associated with the Students' Union wishing to raise money for charity must run the event through RAG.
The Students' Union is a charity; charities cannot donate money to other charities, so the Students' Union developed a RAG department which is allowed by the Union's constitution to raise and donate money to charities. Therefore, any money raised for any charity by an individual, club or society associated with the Students' Union MUST be sent through RAG accounts, and any fundraising activity must be approved by RAG first - this enables us to keep track of events.
This applies to money raised for any charity, not just the three RAG nominated charities and includes events on and off campus.
BUT - there are more brilliant reasons why we think you should run a fundraising event with RAG!
- The process has been designed to make things as easy as possible for you.
- The event forms do not take long to fill in and enable us to help you by providing equipment, such as buckets.
- We count the money for you, saving hours of time and effort.
- We send a cheque directly to the charity on your behalf - making sure you get the credit for the funds raised.
Recognition for your efforts!
- Every Society that raises money for charity and brings the money to Students Activities to be put through RAG will be entered into the RAG Society Challenge.
- The Union's Communications team love to report success stories - this could include promo via social media, a story on the website and more.
How it works
- Send an email to email@example.com letting us know you want to run an event (or download the form by clicking here.)
- We'll send you the guidelines and forms you need.
- Complete them and send them back to us.
- When approved, run your event.
- As soon as you can after your event, bring the money raised in to the Student Activities Office.
- We'll count and bank the money and send your donation to the charity of your choice.
- If we receive a "thank you" from the charity we will forward this on to you (after all it was your hard work!)