Welcome to EngSoc!
Firstly you do not need to study English to be part of the society! Everyone is welcome, we have members who study subjects ranging from Law to Biochemistry that join in. The 23/24 committee are working to ensure we have a full packed and exciting year, some of the things we are looking to introduce are:
- Book Club
- Buddy Scheme - mentoring for first year students by more experienced students!
- Weekly socials (alternating Wednesday and another day in the week to ensure people who are part of sports teams can still join in regularly!).
- Socials with other societies such as Taylor Swift Society, Theatre Group, BioSoc, humanities, and plenty more!
- Boat Ball with Histsoc (History Society) and Polisoc (Politics Society)
- Coffee Shop catch up
- A group chat to ensure a welcoming and friendly environment for new and current members to ask questions and contribute ideas.
We offer free membership from July 2023 - November 18th, after this date membership then increases to £5.50 for the rest of the academic year. This membership fee includes discounted tickets to our events such as the Summer Boat Ball, Netball Summer Ball, as well as other socials and events.
Please feel free to email us any questions or pop along to a social! We are a friendly community and would love for you to join. :)
All clubs and societies within the Students' Union are run entirely by students. The student committee for English Society this year are:
President & Treasurer
Social Secretary & Events Officer
Vice-President & Secretary
Welfare & Employability Officer
These are the current membership fees offered by English Society, although many clubs and societies offer a free period for new members to try out their activities.
|Year Membership||£5.50||01/09/2023 - 01/09/2024||Being a member of English Society means that you can keep up to date on all upcoming Engsoc events and socials, have your say on future events and socials, meet and stay in touch with fellow English society members and literature lovers, stay up to date with our Engsoc Netball team training, matches and results, and show your support for the society! Our membership includes discounts in socials and ticketed events.|
All SUSU clubs & societies must have a Constitution which governs how they run
Health & Safety
All clubs & societies are required to risk assess their activity to ensure it is carried out in a safe manner for members. Current risk assessments for English Society are available to view below
Check out our upcoming events below:
Sorry, there are no upcoming events for English Society.