Close of applications: 09:00, 30 September 2022About | Person Specification | Pay & Terms | Zero Hour Contract GuidelinesApply Now
Are you a compassionate, caring, and empathetic individual?
We are seeking to recruit approachable, attentive, and resilient individuals to join our team of student support staff.
The Welfare Assistant role will involve supporting the welfare of students at our events and ensuring our events and venues remain a safe and inclusive space for our students.
This role will include supporting students in our wellbeing and recovery room as well as being proactive in ensuring the safety of students within our venues. Often this role will include welcoming individuals to our establishments, patrolling our venues to ensure the safety of all individuals, distributing drink covers and other safety equipment, tending to students who may become unwell, signposting to relevant services that an individual may require, giving pastoral support and supporting to tidy up at the end of the evening.
This role will form a vital part of delivering our new safety strategy for our venues and events. It is a fantastic opportunity to gain skills in welfare and learning how to support students.
Your Job may involve some of the following:
- Provide practical support.
- Provide high quality pastoral work.
- Be aware of, support and ensure equal opportunities for all.
- To signpost students to a safe way home by advertising the safety bus.
- Register and record issues and identify when to use reporting measures to escalate concerns.
- Appropriately handle disclosures with confidentiality and professionalism.
- Identify and support individuals who may have ingested excessive alcohol or illegal drugs.
- Signpost to other areas of specialist advice information and support.
To participate in this role, you will need to be available Wednesday and Thursday Evenings to work at our Union After Dark Club Nights and at our Stags Karaoke events as well as during Freshers’ Week and on some weekends.
Interested? Click 'Apply Now' to provide your CV and cover letter!
SUSU is an equal opportunities employer which values a diverse workforce and we want to reflect the student body that we represent. We value diversity, promote equality and challenge discrimination, and will ensure that our recruitment activities are mindful of equality and diversity matters.
Please note feedback will not be provided if you are not shortlisted for interview.