Close of applications: 09:00, 7 February 2023About | Role Profile | Pay & Terms | Apply Now
We are recruiting for a PHP Developer to join our expanding digital team and are looking for someone who is enthusiastic, hard-working, keen to develop and ready for a new challenge. Working as our in-house specialist for our back-end platform, you will be taking our system to new levels with an ambitious improvement and innovation plan, that will provide the perfect opportunity for you to demonstrate your skills and expertise.
- Build and maintain our organisations back-end platform.
- Write clean code that is clear and understandable by others
- Contribute to the planning of digital projects
- Lead on all phases of the development lifecycle
- Work with key stakeholders to understand the needs of both the organisation and our users
- Provide technical resource to tie together all of our digital systems
Essential skills and knowledge:
- At least 2 years’ experience in creating and maintaining PHP based systems
- Understanding of MVC approach to programming
- Experience of working with MySQL
- Experience of using frontend frameworks like vue.js
- Experience of programming within WordPress, including WP plugins
Beneficial skills and knowledge:
- Linux Usage and Administration
- MySQL, SQL and Administration
What SUSU can offer:
- 35 hour work week
- 36 days holiday (inclusive of University closure days) plus bank holidays
- Hybrid working
- A fun and dynamic team
To find out more, visit our website here
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity and you have the skills detailed in our job description, then we would love you to get in touch by sending your CV and a covering letter by clicking on 'Apply Now'.
Applications will be reviewed throughout the advert posting and you may be contacted for interview prior to the closing date.
Please note feedback will not be provided if you are not shortlisted for interview.
SUSU is an equal opportunities employer that values a diverse workforce and we want to reflect the student body that we represent. We value diversity, promote equality and challenge discrimination and will ensure that our recruitment activities are mindful of equality and diversity matters.