< Back to All Groups
Crime and Forensics Society
The Crime and Forensics society offers an opportunity for students interested in the politics, history, public-perception and media-representations of crime to meet like-minded individuals at weekly meetings and at themed trips to notable landmarks throughout the academic year.
This society is open to everyone with an interest in crime or forensics. We aim to cover interesting developments in forensics, crime and its social history. The society currently has a good mixture of undergraduate, mature and postgraduate student members from a variety of different backgrounds.
Please click the facebook button beneath the group name to connect with us and get all the latest news and information about our group!
* Welcome to all our new members who joined us at the Bunfight on 27th September!
- If you haven't joined us yet, we're always accepting new members!
* Weekly meetings with varied activities starting as of 4th October.
* Come to as many sessions as you want! We offer free membership and are always open to new, (or returning), members.
* We are usually based out of Building 6 (Nuffield Theatre) in lecture room F.
~ Documentary Night - DIY Justice: 31st January
~ Sherlock Monthly Screening: 7th February
~ Documentary Night - Justice Without Courts: 21st February
~ Rise of Crime Fiction - Film and Discussion: 28th February
~ Film and Cake Night - 7th March
~ Documentary Night - Guilty by Association: 14th March
~ Cake Drop-In Session: 4th October
~ Sherlock Monthly Screening: 10th October
~ Documentary Night - Forensics Special: 16th October
~ Court Visits Information Meeting: 23rd October
~ Court Visits Information Meeting: 26th October
~ Halloween Movie Night: 30th October
~ Documentary Night - Court Room Special: 6th November
~ Southampton Law Courts Visit: 8th November
* Got an idea for an event? Message a member of the committee!
* Join our Facebook group to vote for our next weekly activity/social, the best day/time to hold our weekly meet and to get the latest updates.
These are the current membership plans offered by Crime and Forensics Society, although many groups offer a free period for new members to try out their group.
This Years Committee
All student groups within the Students' Union are run entirely by students. The student committee for Crime and Forensics Society this year are:
- Fern Francis
- Jade McKellar
- Jessica Charlton
- Eleanor Joyce
Contact Crime and Forensics Society
If you've got any questions or want to find out more, either email the group directly, or fill in the form below:
Login Now to send a direct message