< Back to All Groups
Welcome to the Filipino Society!
We bring Filipinos AND students from other nationalities together through Filipino food, music, cinema and more.
You don't have to be Filipino to join our socials. University is the perfect time to get to know cultures you never thought you could ever experience; so, why not learn more about the Philippines and discover our best asset: Filipino hospitality!
WHAT DO WE DO?
- Karaoke Parties: Filipinos like to sing - a LOT
- Get to know each other eating and cocktails socials
- Filipino (Tagalog) Language Lessons: Why not come to our chilled out language lessons and learn a few interesting new words while you're at it?!
- Filipino food cook-offs: We love our food and we LOVE sharing it. We hold socials where each person makes a dish, Filipino or not, and shares it with the group. The best dish wins the prize of pride.
- Pub trips: who doesn't like a pint?
- Help you around Southampton!
These are just a few examples of what we do. You can find us on Facebook and Twitter!
Alternatively, drop us a message and one of our friendly committee members will get back to you. Our email address is:
You can also send a message using the comment box below :)
Thanks for checking out our SUSU page - we hope to see you soon!
These are the current membership plans offered by Filipino Society, although many groups offer a free period for new members to try out their group.
This Years Committee
All student groups within the Students' Union are run entirely by students. The student committee for Filipino Society this year are:
- Kyra Torres
- Veliza Bertumen
- Steven Mejorada
- Steven Mejorada
- Korina Gayya
- Ronald Llona
- Bryan Magnaye
- Carmellie Atienza
Contact Filipino Society
If you've got any questions or want to find out more, either email the group directly, or fill in the form below:
Login Now to send a direct message