Welcome to the Filipino Society! We bring Filipinos AND students from other nationalities together through Filipino food, music, cinema and more.
About Filipino SocietyYou don't have to be Filipino to join us and take part in our events, activities and gathering - University is the perfect time to get to know new friends and also cultures you never thought you could ever experience; so, why not learn more about the Philippines and discover our best asset: Filipino hospitality!
WHAT DO WE DO? we aim to provide our members and all those welcomed with a wide range of events and activities to create a "lit" university experience :
- Karaoke/Acoustic Nights - Filipinos like to sing (a lot).
- Get to know each other through eating and drinking socials (food on food on food)
- Movie & games night (party games & board games)
- Sports (filos love basketball and volleyball)
- Collaborations with other societies in the university as well as other Filipino Societies from other universities.
- Help you around Southampton! (we'll try and be your home away from home :') )
These are just a few examples of what we do. You can find us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & Snapchat!
instagram : filsoc_soton
snapchat : filsoc_soton
Alternatively, drop us a message and one of our friendly committee members will get back to you. Our email address is:
You can also send a message using the comment box below :)
Thanks for checking out our SUSU page - we hope to see you soon!
Membership Fee Information
All clubs and societies within the Students' Union are run entirely by students. The student committee for Filipino Society this year are:
- Carylle Villajin
- Ann-Jasmine Tong Sam
- Bianca Gazzingan
- Ella Babaran
- Quynh Danh
- Kirsten Escarilla
- Malaikah Bashir
- Mikaela Bagunu
- Michael Cabanas
Health & Safety
All clubs & societies are required to risk assess their activity to ensure it is carried out in a safe manner for members. Current risk assessments for Filipino Society are available to view below